Ashtanga Weekend StudyThe Magic In Your Breath
25-27 November 2022
Learn how to harness the magic in your breath…
…and start to feel nourished and balanced inside and out, on and off your mat!
We are breathing at every moment of our lives. Yet we are hardly aware of our breath and hardly ever tap into the power it holds to support us.
There is tremendous power in your breath to balance your nervous system, to help you gain clarity and to release mental and physical tension. I seriously feel that everyone should be taught about the magic and power of the breath from a young age onwards. Fundamental knowledge to empower you and help you thrive!
The breath connects body, mind, and spirit. If we know how to use our breath efficiently and well, the breath is a true ally of support and space maker inside and out, on and off the mat. Yet, even for yoga practitioners, few really access this magic and practice on and off the mat stays with too much effort.
Join Maxi for this inspiring, practical and lighthearted weekend workshop to experience how accessing your breath gives a softer, more gracious quality to your practice and life. This will allow you to engage in your practice with the “correct” effort leaving you feeling nourished inside and out.
- Led Class
- Yoga Talk: “The three shariras (bodies), the five sheaths (koshas) & breathing”
- Asana Practice (The asana practice starts with a themed led part to attune everyone to the breath and leads into a Mysore Style practice.)
The magic in your breath – Part 1:
- Understand the anatomy and subtle energy of your breath and how it supports you optimally
- Applying the magic of your breath to your yoga – practical considerations part 1 (sun salutations, transitions, twists)
- Asana Practice (The asana practice starts with a themed led part to attune everyone to the breath and leads into a Mysore Style practice)
The magic in your breath – Part 2:
- The nadis – part of the subtle anatomy and how they relate to breathing and pranayama
- Applying the magic of your breath to your yoga – practical considerations part 2 (backbends, arm balances, inversions)
This weekend workshop is for all Ashtanga yoga practitioners of all levels. If you are unsure whether it’s for you, just get in touch. If you have little Ashtanga experience but would like to join, just get in touch and we both explore whether this weekend workshop is a good fit for you.
What you need to bring: An open heart and attitude for learning and experiencing.
Maxi Meissner (PhD & certified yoga teacher, mom) is passionate about empowering people to live their best lives possible through the tools of yoga.
In 2010. Maxi founded Bhumi Yoga, her yoga school in Groningen which is highly valued not just for the personal and inclusive approach to teaching yoga but also as it has a real sense of community where everyone “feel at home”. Maxi’s teaching is distinguished by her clear and compassionate guidance and her ability to relate and connect with just about anyone willing to learn. She will figure out a way for anyone to enjoy the practice of yoga safely.
In her work, Maxi light-heartedly and skilfully integrates her extensive experience and understanding about yoga, the human body, brain and behaviour stemming from:
- Over 10+ years of teaching experience
- 2000+hours of comprehensive yoga teacher trainings and yoga therapy training with leaders in the field)
- Her PhD and post-doc scientific studies on stress, inflammation, and further studies on yoga and wellbeing making her an expert in the field of stress and the understanding how yoga affects health
- Working with and being able to relate to different populations of people as a yoga teacher, personal coach, teacher for yoga teachers, master thesis supervisor, exercise physiologist for high performing athletes as well as for patients in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, being under a lot of pressure herself while being on the German national rowing team (Jr world champion twice, 1997 & 1998), a Division 1 rower for the Ohio State University 1999-2003, PhD life…
Read more about Maxi here.
To join this study what should my Ashtanga experience level be?
It’s recommended that you have a minimum of 2-3 months of practice experience.
*If you are not sure whether you can join or have any questions, please contact me.
The most important is that you come with an open attitude for learning and experiencing the practice.
I may not be able to attend the full weekend, can I still join?
It’s best to follow the full study, for your understanding, experience and the group energy. Depending on your personal circumstances I may make an exception.
Send an email and we will figure it out.
Do I need extra material for the course?
No. You will receive all relevant study material in pdf a few days prior to the study and an audio file to support your pranayama after the study.
Can I also join online?
It’s recommended to join this course in person at the shala, but you can also follow the live-stream, no problem!
Bhumi Yoga Membership Holders: €180
Normal rate: €215
By clicking on the button below you can sign up for this comprehensive program.