Restorative Reset - Power through Stillness3 week online course
*This course started June 7 but you can still enroll now!
Are you exhausted or overwhelmed?
Most of us lead lives that reinforce our working at fast forward speed and then we collapse into exhaustion. These days feel just too over-scheduled, too busy, too distracted. We come up with so many plans: new resolutions, new diets, new bucket-lists and the constant promises to ourselves to take better care and take more rest.
But it’s not so easy, so we don’t.
This is where Restorative yoga comes in. Restorative yoga is an antidote to the busy life in fast forward mode. Restorative yoga is a gentle yet very effective practice. It is simple, easy, and a very potent tool for reducing stress and releasing tension. Restorative yoga poses are positions which are supported by props, which are still, and which are held for a long time, up to 20 minutes, unlike classic yoga poses. Only 10 minutes of a Restorative yoga pose will change your day, mood, perspective, and ultimately life.
Join Maxi Meissner, a yoga and science nerd, who will guide you through three, 75-90min recorded sessions using different restorative yoga and breathing techniques for quieting the nervous system, facilitating mental and physical release and connecting to attention and awareness.
3 week curriculum:
This online self care program is built around three restorative yoga recordings with Maxi. Each session offers a different theme and takes about 75-90 min. In each session we create space to let go, turn inward, and rest deeply in our own being.
Session 1: Calm mind, peaceful body
In this session we especially focus on restorative yoga poses and breathing techniques that help us soften into a calm body and mind.
Session 2: Clarity
In this session we especially focus on restorative yoga poses that help us purify our busy minds and bodies, so we can feel a deep sense of clarity from within.
Session 3: Restore
In this session we especially focus on restorative yoga poses that help us release “old” tension and holding so we feel rejuvenated and spacious.
This 3 week course will:
- Make you feel calm and peaceful
- Allow you to experience a true sense of rest
- Enable you to learn effective restorative yoga poses and breathing techniques to help you calm down
- Enable you to release mental and physical tension
- Increase your body awareness
Teacher: Maxi Meissner
Maxi (PhD & certified yoga teacher) is passionate about empowering people to live their best lives possible through the tools of yoga. In her work she light-heartedly and skillfully combines her extensive experience and knowledge about the human body, brain and behaviour stemming from:
- More than 11 years of experience teaching yoga daily at her yoga school, in companies and workshops (inter)nationally
- 4 years of scientifically investigating the effects of yoga on emotional well-being (peer reviewed publication)
- Being an expert on the physiology and psychology of stress (PhD in Medical Sciences, further completed university degrees in Exercise Physiology, Psychology and Human Nutrition)
- Extensive yoga teacher education (2000+hour of comprehensive training)
- Large-scale experience working with and motivating different populations of people as a yoga teacher, personal coach, teacher for yoga teachers, thesis supervisor for master and bachelor students, exercise physiologist for high performing athletes as well as for patients in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation and as a rowing coach
- Being under a lot of pressure herself while being on the German national rowing team (jr world champion twice, 1997 & 1998), a Division 1 rower for the Ohio State University 1999-2003, PhD life, just life…
What others say about Maxi’s Restorative Reset:
*These testimonials are from Maxi’s previous live online Restorative Reset workshops. The current three week online course is the first online program Maxi set up and based on her popular Restorative Reset workshops.
For some reason, I had been feeling restless the last couple of months and this workshop turned out to be exactly what I needed. During the session, I didn´t even notice time passing. Already, after ten minutes a calm sank in. My mind went quiet. How great!
Maxi has the extraordinary gift to guide you safely through all of the practise. I felt taken care of.
If you ever have the chance to do this workshop, allow yourself this treat. Now, about 3 months after the course, I still feel its effects: The calm, the quiet. It has helped me make clear decisions that will also shape the coming year for me.
The Restorative Reset was truly a wonderful experience.
The practice was very accessible. Moreover, Maxi guided us through breath exercises and calming poses, which I found to be very grounding and relaxing.
You can incorporate the practices you learn easily into your daily life, which is very nice if you have a busy schedule.
What is the course schedule?
This is a self-paced online course and you will receive a link to the sessions on:
- June 7 for session 1.
- June 14 for session 2.
- June 21 for session 3.
*If you enroll after June 7 the recordings will be send to you once you have signed up.
When does my course access expire?
Access to the videos expires after 8 weeks, on August 8, 2021.
Even though this is a 3 week course, we want you to feel as spacious with time. So your enrollment includes an 8 week access to all course videos.
How can I access the sessions
You will receive an email with the access link for:
- Session 1 on June 7 at noon CET
- Session 2 on June 14 at noon CET
- Session 3 on June 21 at noon CET
Do I need any additional materials?
Yes! For this program you will need:
- 1 mat (or good carpet you can rest on)
- 2 yoga blocks
- 1 yoga belt
- 1 yoga bolster
- 1 eye cover
- 4 firm blankets (or 2 blankets and 2 bath towels)
- 1 yoga cushion (or a pillow)
What is the refund policy?
Upon booking the course, no refunds are possible.
Can I order my props through you?
Yes if you live in NL or Belgium you can order one of the two prop packages through me:
1. Package Deluxe:
- 1 bolster, 2 cork blocks, 1 yoga belt, 1 cushion, 1 eye bag
- €115 (Value €145), includes shipping
2. Package Ease:
- 1 bolster, 2 cork blocks, 1 yoga belt, 1 eye bag
- €85 (Value: €110), includes shipping
To order a props package, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This course has started but you can still join in and receive all recordingss by emailing Maxi!