Ashtanga Mysore Yoga Mentorshipwith Maxi
6 or 12 months
Local in Groningen or Long Distance
Ashtanga Mysore Yoga Mentorship
This mentorship is specifically designed for experienced Mysore practitioners who may or may not have completed a 200h teacher training and who are looking to develop their assisting skills in a Mysore self-practice setting. This program will provide experienced practitioners and graduates of a 200h Ashtanga teacher training with a platform to continue or deepen their studies, understanding of teaching and perspective on practice.
The mentorship is meant to create a bridge between what you have learned through observation and experience of your own practice, and possibly in your teacher training and your teaching, by cultivating hands-on experience in the Mysore Room, refining teaching skills and studying one on one with me, Maxi.
This Mysore Yoga Mentorship program is designed to:
deepen mentees’ understanding of the practice
enable mentees to support practitioners of all walks of life and bodies in the Mysore Room
provide mentees with the observational skills and space to read bodies
enable mentees with the skills and trust to apply supportive hands-on adjustments
provide participants with the skills and trust to support practitioners in modifying their practice as they undergo different life situations
During this mentorship you will:
- learn how to observe habitual patterns of tension, overuse, unease and disengagement and how you can support yoga practitioners to work through them and support them gain a different sense of inner stability and space
- learn a variety of hands-on assisting techniques, verbal cueing and how to make practice agreeable for people of different walks of life
- learn how to hold space for people with different bodies and needs in the Mysore Room
- learn the Vinyasa count
- working with the gunas as a teacher
- learn how to modify practice and sequencing for different circumstances
- cultivate a deeper understanding of what a holistic and sustainable practice entails
This mentorship is offered as a 6 months or 12 months track. You can follow it either in Groningen or long distance (have to choose one option).
As this mentorship involves a lot of 1-on-1 and hands-on study with me, less than a handful spots are offered a year so that I can give you my full attention and support to you during your mentorship.
If you are interested in applying for this mentorship program and want to receive all the details about the curriculum, requirements and fees, let me know (also let me know if you are interested to follow the mentorship in Groningen or long distance) and I will send all the details your way.