Reset YourselfA 3 week program based on Restorative Yoga & Pranayama
For everyone who easily gets overwhelmed, exhausted and stressed
Join Maxi for this three week live- online immersive workshop series designed to equip you with the knowledge and confidence to utilize simple yet powerful practices that help you restore inner balance and harmony while giving you a deep sense of rest.
In this three week immersive workshop series you will:
- Gain insight to what causes overwhelm and stress
- Understand why Restorative Yoga and gentle pranayama (breath work) are so effective as antidotes to overwhelm and stress; gain insight into the beneficial mechanism of each modality
- Experience the effectiveness of different restorative poses and how to practice them safely. Herein also experience a true sense of rest, safety and inner nourishment that you can give yourself at any time.
- Learn a simple yet powerful breathing technique (pranayama) to restore nervous system balance and harmony within
- Gain the confidence and know-how to apply these techniques in your day-to day life (15 min is already a complete practice) to help you feel anchored and balanced from within when you need it.
Each sessions consist of:
- 20-25 min theory
- 20 min of a restoring pranayama (breath work) practice
- 70 min of a deeply nourishing restorative yoga practice with a specific theme of the day
- 5 min Q&A
Supplemental worksheets will be provided after each session.
Dates & Times:
- 8, 15 and 22 January
- 19.30-21.30h CET
Live online over zoom – join from the comfort of your home from anywhere in the world
Cannot join the live meetings? Recordings are available for two months.
Meet your teacher: Maxi
Maxi’s first experience with Restorative Yoga was in 2011/12 a time when there was a lot of change in her life and she felt restless and exhausted mentally. Maxi started to read Bo Forbes book and of Judith Hanson Lasater’s work on Restorative Yoga and noticed how it helped her and was very complementary to her Ashtanga practice. Maxi then took my first comprehensive Restorative Yoga training offered by Bo Forbes entitled “Restorative Yoga, Neurophysiology, psychology and somatics” in London in 2013. Since she has followed many more trainings, followed their work in this method through the International Association of Yoga Therapists network and have been sharing this wonderful practice with many students.
Moreover, Maxi has been a dedicated student of pranayama for almost 15 years. Her main influences on this path where Matthew Sweeney, Robert Moses and Eddie Stern with whom she has all followed a teacher training. The pranayama teacher training she followed with Robert Moses and Eddie Stern, and the teachings of Matthew left a deep realization with Maxi, that it is the simple and most elemental things that are often by-passed and not taught but that are the most effective in a pranayama practice.
What is the program schedule?
This is an online program that meets live online on three Mondays. If you cannot attend the live meetings, you can follow all at your own pace using the recordings. After each session Maxi will provide clear instructions on how you can apply what we covered in a simple 10-15min practice, so you can build your inner set-up towards balance and harmony in just 10-15min a day.
When does my program access expire?
Access to the recordings s expires 2 months after the last session. During this period you can access the recordings as often as you wish.
Do I need any additional materials?
Yes! For this program you will need:
- 1 mat (or good carpet you can rest on)
- 2 yoga blocks
- 1 yoga belt
- 1 yoga bolster
- 1 eye cover
- 4 firm blankets (or 2 blankets and 2 bath towels)
- 1 yoga cushion (or a pillow)
What is the refund policy?
Upon booking the course, no refunds are possible.
Can I order my props through you?
Yes if you live in NL or Belgium you can order one of the two prop packages through me:
1. Package Deluxe:
- 1 bolster, 2 cork blocks, 1 yoga belt, 1 cushion, 1 eye bag
- €115 (Value €145), includes shipping
2. Package Ease:
- 1 bolster, 2 cork blocks, 1 yoga belt, 1 eye bag
- €85 (Value: €110), includes shipping
To order a props package, email to email@example.com