Ashtanga Yoga Practitioner Inspiration Dayswith Maxi in Groningen
For everyone who already practices Ashtanga Yoga
2024 Dates: 25/5, 12/10
Support your practice, motivation, perspective and know-how, on and off the mat.
Many of you have shared that you love the Ashtanga Mysore Yoga morning classes, have experienced the benefits of your practice, and would like to learn more tools and dive deeper into your yoga journey, beyond of what is possible in the morning classes. You’re looking for inspiration, guidance and support for implementing practical solutions; and for keeping your inspiration for practice ignited.
I hear you. I’ve been there.
The Ashtanga Yoga Practitioner Inspiration Workshop days will provide you with the practical tools, solutions, knowledge, perspective and inspiration for maintaining momentum on your journey while diving deeper into the journey of the 8 limbs of yoga (Ashtanga yoga). Ultimately these special days of study support your consistency, inspiration, know-how, rootedness in your practice and connectedness to what you are doing.
Nothing beats coming together in a group setting, exploring and studying and sharing time on the path of yoga together for gaining fresh and inspiring perspectives for your practice; the depths of learning and insights go far beyond of what it possible during the morning Mysore classes.
A study day with me is an opportunity to take space to nourish yourself and your practice. For some it is a deep dive into self-study. For others, it’s a time to gently unfold and soak up the nuggets of inspiration and the magic of the group energy.
One of the benefits of setting this time apart for your study, away from your regular routine, is that we have the possibility to have a fresh look onto what we are doing and why, from a more conscious place. This new found inspiration and perspective we can then integrate into our practice and our everyday lives.
The Ashtanga Study days are for all who are currently practicing Ashtanga yoga and who have a zest for diving deeper into the path of yoga.
Foremost, it’s a continued opportunity for all who have completed the Ashtanga Intensive or who are currently in the 6 Months Nourishment Program to come together in this supportive group setting.
Yet, these Ashtanga Study Days are also open for all practitioners who have never joined the Intensive / Nourishment Program. Don’t worry: I will pick you up where you are at for kriya and pranayama; and the asana and philosophy topics will always be relevant and accessible for all practitioners.
In 2024 these special days of Ashtanga study will take place 25 May and 12 October.
To get the most inspiration, build up on the techniques and integrate all pieces it is recommended to sign in for all sessions. However, we know that not everyone can always attend all days, so it’s also possible to sign in for single sessions – and all sessions can also stand by themselves.
All sessions will take place in our beautiful shala at Oosterhamriklaan 261a in Groningen.
Topics during the afternoon sessions:
- Subtle anatomy and how it relates to what we do on the mat and to how we feel off the mat (physically and mentally)
- Yoga and Ayurveda philosophy and physiology, helping to integrate the right focus, breath and bandhas
- How we stay inspired about our practice. Connecting to the roots of why you come to your mat.
- Exploring physical intentions and ideas to help you keep your practice focused, fresh and progressing
- Practical tools to support your practice
- Ayurveda & yoga self-care tools
Schedule during these Study Days
Short Philosophy Talk to set the theme for the day, Intuitive Energy Practice (Meditation), Kriya & Pranayama
9.45-11.30h: Guided Asana Practice focused on the theme of the workshop day
13.00-14.15h Chanting, Applied Yoga and Ayurveda Philosophy & Physiology
14.30-16.00h Asana explorations & closing
A few days to prior to the workshop all supplemental info will be sent to you in a pdf.
Meet the teacher, Maxi:
Hi, I’m Maxi (PhD, certified yoga teacher, mom, 600h Ayurveda health counselor trainee ). I know what it’s like to feel lost, imbalanced and hassling through life driven by fear. This was my life until I started to refocus.
Let’s face it, we all navigate through life bombarded by materialistic remedies that promise to cure all our ill-feelings and insecurities but leave us more empty and broke.
The clarity, focus, joy and agency I find through my dinacharya (daily rituals of yoga, Ayurveda and paying attention) are just unparalleled and have greatly helped me take to deep root within myself while cultivating more harmony in my inner and outer world.
In my teaching I am passionate about empowering people of all walks of life to find better inner perspectives for themselves. People describe me as a compassionate teacher who really connects to everyone individually. In my work I light-heartedly and skillfully combine my extensive experience and knowledge about the human body, movement, brain and behaviour.
During this retreat my wish is to offer you practical yet simple tools and insights to help you feel balanced, anchored from within and in harmony, no matter what comes your way.
Regular rate single day: €100
Regular rate for both days €185 (please email to sign in for both sessions with this reduced tuition)
Special rate for all who previously joined the Ashtanga Intensive or are currently taking part in the 6 Months Nourishment Program (book by 6 January, 2024):
- Single session for all who have joined the 6 months intensive before or are currently taking part in the 6 Months Nourishment Program: €92
- All two sessions for all who have joined the 6 months intensive before or are currently taking part in the 6 Months Nourishment Program: €170
Please email to sign in with the reduced tuition
Cancellation policy as stated in the terms and conditions:
A participation for a workshop may be canceled only in writing. Cancellations can be done by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conditions for canceling a retreat are:
- Up to 8 months prior to the start of the workshop, a workshop can be canceled with a 100%, with €25 deducted from the refund for administration fees.
- Up to 6 months prior to the start of the workshop, a 75% refund is possible (with €25 deducted from the refund for administration fees).
- Up to 3 months prior to the start of the workshop, a 50% refund is possible (with €25 deducted from the refund for administration fees).
- In the period of 3 months leading up to the workshop no refund is possible anymore, unless there is a documented medical reason shown prior to the workshop.